Sunday, January 31, 2010

Get PSYCHED!


A few notes:
1) This mix is inspired by a TV series called How I Met Your Mother. If you've never seen it, go see it. One of the characters insists that a great mix should be "all rise, all the time". While I do not 100% agree with this, it has spawned the collection of songs you are now experiencing.

2) I made this as a mix for my sister, so no judging me on the Katy Perry or N'sync!

3) ARE YOU READY?!?!?!?!?!?

Tracks:

You Give Love A Bad Name
Carry On My Wayward Son
Don't Stop Believin'
Hot N Cold
Mr. Brightside
The Middle
Somebody Told Me
Jamie All Over
I Woke Up In A Car
19-2000
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Digital Get Down
Harder To Breathe
The Boys Of Summer
I Want You Back
I Believe In A Thing Called Love
Grace Kelly

Right, so other than that, I'm not sure what else there is to say about this group of songs. If you want to experience it properly, you will begin AND end it with Bon Jovi, because...well...why not?

For "Carry On" I have but this to say: My favorite experience with this song was when Rock Band 3 (I think) came out. I held up the expert mode bass part while a group of somewhat drunken friends performed (quite accurately) the vocals, guitars, and drums. Picture, if you will, a 300 pound man belting this song at the top of his lungs into a tiny fake microphone...

No pump-up mix would be complete without Don't Stop Believin'. You better sing along in your car.

Hot N Cold. Yeah, I know, Katy Perry, I'm a dude, how can I? Well, get over it.

I know I've broken some very dearly held mix rules by including two Killers songs. But they are both great, and they both get your heart going.

Pop-Rock, Arena Rock, Pop, Techno, anything with a ballin' beat and some screamin' lyrics, and it's all set for a "Get Psyched" mix. If anyone ever reads this, shoot me a comment with a track listing of what YOU would put on an ALL RISE ALL THE TIME mix!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment