Wednesday, January 6, 2010

5:00 on a ... what day is it?



I am sitting here at 5 pm on this wednesday in a pool of gray light as the day ends. I am typing one-handed because Sarah is asleep on my arm. Currently the soundtrack of our lives is the achingly beautiful soundtrack for the game Braid, which Nathan (my oldest and best friend) is playing across from me on the couch. One might call this a perfect moment.

I don't have any particular songs today. I am not inspired to go single-handedly (literally) find an example of Braid's soundtrack. I have been trying to listen a bit less and write more. (I write songs) I am sure tomorrow or the next day or next week Sarah will have a thousand new songs to write about and love. I am just here to reflect on this moment, because it feels significant.

A few sidenotes: if by magic you find this, the original blog is over on wordpress; we are working on moving it over here. http://skepticatfirst.wordpress.com/

Also, this is a music blog, we write about what we listen to and love, so if you love music, check in occasionally and see if you find something new.

EDIT: the soundtrack to braid can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment