Wednesday, November 11, 2009

songs for rainy days

When I woke up today, it was fifty degrees and raining, and now, eight hours later (waking up late is fantastic) it is still fifty degrees and raining. After I went to class I swore I wouldn't leave my room for the rest of the day except to do laundry downstairs. I was thwarted by a fire alarm which was a false alarm but not a drill, thus making it upsettingly difficult to get back into the building. I'm back now and warm and pleased, and these are songs to be warm and pleased to when it's cold and wet outside.

This is also a filler blog, because Ben told me to write something. And when Ben is not asking for sandwiches sometimes I am nice and do what he suggests. Especially when it's something sensible like write.

I should also note that I can't really write a post about songs to listen to on a rainy day, because some of the ones I'm listening to right now must remain mysteriously unknown to the other author of this blog.

Glasgow Love Theme - Craig Armstrong
Wichita - Gary Jules
The Chain - Ingrid Michaelson
Calendar Girl - Stars
Sunset Soon Forgotten - Iron and Wine (although really, any Iron and Wine is just nice for rainy days)
Sweet Afton - Nickel Creek
How To Be Dead - Snow Patrol
Twilight Creeps - Crooked Fingers
Consequence - the Notwist

That's all I got for now. I hope this is okay. :)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment